Friday, March 5, 2010

Grandpas Shirts - Refashion # 1 !

So, I did this refashion super fast the night before my grandfather's funeral, because I wanted to wear it to the service! Therefore, I don't have any in progress pictures, but I pretty much followed my button up ruffle shirttutorial for it. I didn't add the smocking around the waist however, and I didn't shorten it - didn't have time to hem! I also wound up with the neckline a little too wide, so I added some pleats in the back along the shoulders to take it in a little. So I wound up with a very blousy, long, tunic-like shirt. I wore it with a pencil skirt for the service:



I also love wearing it with skinny jeans, boots, and a wide black belt - it's really comfortable and chic! I don't have any pictures of it like that yet, but I'll put some up.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks great!! And that is really sweet to have worn it to his funeral. I really like this idea! Great job on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I sooo enjoyed reading your instructions! You have some wonderful ideas. I am going to try making one of your dresses with my husband's shirt. he has some wonderful silk shirts that he doesn't wear and would make beautiful dresses. ThanX!! these would go well with leggings.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails