Monday, May 24, 2010

Tropical Sweetheart dress - finished!!

I posted a while ago about this dress i was working on to take to Hawaii - it is based on this


Unfortunately I didn't get as many/as good of pictures of it as I wanted to - especially of the back. I added a ruffle down each side of the zipper, which had the double benefit of looking pretty awesome and hiding the zipper a little more! Here's a crappy little picture of it:




I did the dress in a cotton watercolor print with a hot pink satin for top lining. I used the same lining fabric to make a one shouldered bow. I've been loving all the one shouldered designs that are so popular now, and that seemed like a good way to easily incorporate the effect!!



The other modification I made to the dress was that I didn't include the sleeves - easy change :)



I have a bachlorette party coming up in a month or so, and I'm thinking of using this same pattern to make a strapless or one-shouldered red dress with big rosettes on it or something, kind of like one of these:


What do you think??

2 comments:

  1. Love love love the one shoulder pink dress. If you make this, it would be incredible if you shared a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress and the other dresses you had pictured. If you do a tutorial PLEASE let me know!!! My email is: momofsami5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails