Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The "Cabo" Dress - version 2!


I love, love, love this dress! It is super comfortable, and unlike the original Cabo dress it isn't see through at all!

With this dress, I followed the same steps as the original Cabo dress tutorial. Then, I followed Disney from Ruffles and Stuff 's instructions (the link to these is on the cabo tutorial) to make the braided straps and belt. I used t-shirt scraps left over from the original Cabo dress from that.

For the ruffle on the front of the dress, I cut strips from a ribbed tank top (the same one I used for the Dorothy Dress!) I gathered a small amount, and the sewed over the top of the navy ruffle. Make sure you do this before putting the elastic in the top!


The possibilities for this basic t-shirt dress are endless! Post links if you make any!

Also, sorry about the weird pictures... I don't know how but it looks like I screwed them up a little!

2 comments:

  1. really lovely! love the nautical colors - the braided belt adds alot. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I love the colours too, you look lovely in this dress!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails